Shaded by a towering hemlock in the front yard and sitting on a quiet lane amidst other antique homes, this c.1889 home offers wonderful outdoor spaces and a sunny interior. Located in the charming river village of Riegelsville, outdoor activities along the Delaware River and Towpath, dining and library are within walking distance. A paver walkway leads to the covered front porch with period millwork, setting the tone for a property that provides comfort and tranquility. With fresh paint, brand new carpet, replacement windows, and 2018 architectural shingle roof, the house is move-in ready. The open concept living and dining room with old wood floorboards has wood-burning stove, large windows, and high ceiling. Updated in 2013, the eat-in kitchen offers Brazilian soapstone counters with glass tile backsplash, tile floor, stainless appliances, and pantry closet. The family room with tile floor has a full bath and leads to the private 215sf freshly sealed deck overlooking the open back yard. There is a main floor bedroom, quietly located on the back of the house, with convenient laundry room. Upstairs are 3 bedrooms, each with new carpet, and a hall bath with tile floor, pedestal sink, and jetted tub. The walk-up attic provides excellent storage or perhaps additional finished space. The unfinished basement has a workshop area. Accessed from the alley, the 1-car detached garage sits next to cute garden shed, perfect for storing firewood. This property is not in a flood plain! 15 minutes from Easton, and an easy 90-minute drive to NYC crossing the Riegelsville Bridge, built by John Roebling as a prototype for the Brooklyn Bridge. Perfect for weekends or full-time!
Single Family, Other
Electric Water Heater, Public Water Service
1,557 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
100 Amps, Circuit Breaker Box, Above Ground, Cable TV, DSL Available, Electric service available, Onsite Telephone
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Attic
- Country Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Square FootageAbove (approx)
- 1,557 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Self-Cleaning Oven, Single Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Window Air Conditioning, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Oil, Wood, Hot Water. Radiators, Forced Air, Zone, Stove.
- Full, Entrance Outside, Unfinished Basement
- Double Pane, Screened, Vinyl Frame
- Wood Stove.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Combination Living/dining Room, Curved Stair, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. 2 Parking Spaces. Rear Entrance.
- Deck, Porch
- Composition Shingle
- Lot Dimensions
- 51.00 x 190.00
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Out Building, Front Yard, Landscaped, Not In Development, Back Yard, Side Yard. Paved Road, Level, Open.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Bright MLS