Open house Sunday Nov. 29 1-4 p.m. Welcome to this amazing woodland oasis! The home boasts beauty, privacy, and joy. Find comfort and luxury in this 5683+ square foot RAMBLER surrounded by nature. The spacious foyer leads to a large living room with a vaulted ceiling, stone fireplace and gorgeous tall windows exiting out to a deck that spans the back of the home to the primary bedroom. Next is the beautiful dining room for large gatherings and a fantastic eat in kitchen with several new stainless-steel appliances. On the main level there are 3 bedrooms, a den, and 2.5 bathrooms. The primary bedroom is large, and the en suite bathroom is a perfect sanctuary overlooking the 5+ acres. The home includes a studio above the oversized 2-car garage with skylights and a clean-up sink that any artist would love, or it would be a great playroom. The lower level opens to a huge recreation room with 9 ft ceilings, wet bar, pool table, fireplace with pellet stove, built-in bookcases and walk out to the backyard. A large 4th bedroom and bath are also on this level as well as an additional partially completed exercise room which could be finished into a 5th bedroom. The home has several walk-in closets and a large cedar closet on this level. The furnace room has masses amounts of space for a workshop. Some of the other special features include a new roof (2019), pellet stove in the lower level fireplace with an insert upstairs in the living room, which heats the whole house comfortably, and hardwood floors throughout most rooms. The large decks yield loads of outdoor spaces with fabulous views for dining and grilling or just relaxing and watching birds and other nature in the quiet, while listening to the gentle stream babbling through the woods. This is a great place to summer indoor plants away from the deer, fox, otter, hawk, bald eagle, wild turkey and even a coyote that can be seen on occasion. The side deck comes right off the kitchen with a view of the koi pond and fountain. Part of the property is surrounded by an electric fence to protect from the deer who would otherwise feast on the native plants and ornamentals in the lovely botanical garden which unfolds from spring to fall with trees, shrubs and seasonal plants emerging and flowering. Grocery and restaurants are five minutes away. Springfield metro is 21 minutes, VRE is 16 minutes and there is a commuter lot at I-95 ten minutes down the road near the wonderful historical town of Occoquan. Occoquan Park has boat ramp access to the river, Fountain Head Park has great fishing and kayaking in the reservoir, Sandy Run Park is for the rowers, all of which are 10 minutes or less down the road. Don't miss the opportunity to experience the peaceful feeling of living off Hampton Road and know you are minutes from all necessities.
Single Family, Other
3 Full/1 Half
Electric Water Heater, Well
Brick Front, Wood Siding
5,683 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Other, Cable TV
Fairfax County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Workshop, Exercise Room, Office, Mud Room, Hobby Room
- Studio Efficiency
- Country Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen, Island
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 3,286 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 2,397 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Trash Compactor, Washer, Water Treatment System
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Other. Heat Pump, Other.
- Partial, Heated, Entrance Outside, Walkout, Workshop, Full Finished
- 2. Insert, Fireplace Screen, Fireplace.
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. 6 Parking Spaces. Front Entrance, Paved Driveway, Oversized Parking, Driveway.
- Wood, Brick
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Electric, Partial, Wire
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Front Yard, Trees. Secluded, Asphalt, Paved Road, Sloped.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Bright MLS